Friday, September 9, 2011

The struggle of new doll purchse and byul digital custom test

Good day =^-^=
I am currently having a bit of a struggle in doll world. I have come to the point that i am worried of owning too many dolls. But the want to purchase a new one for custom work is a strong desire. I am speaking of the Byul clone that i am currently working on raising money for. I have considered possibly selling my 25cm soft bust obitsu body to raise money for this new project. And that would mean putting Wolfy into storage.

I need to think about this some more.

But what i have done, is to try and figure out what makes the byul clone doll so ugly.I think that i have figured it out! I spent some time messing around with things digitally, and i have found out a couple of things.

Here is her face before:
Photobucket

And this is after digital custom:
Photobucket

Still a far cry from the real thing, but i think i am getting somewhere. I was right when i assumed that her eyes were too small for her sockets. But what i have done is actually open up the eye sockets even more, and re-shape them a bit wider over all. Her cheeks have been "sanded" down so they are more round rather then pointed. Her lips would need to be carved down and reshaped intensely. She would need large eye chips added. And last but not least...her nose would actually need to be totally removed and reshaped and repositioned!

More to come...


p.s. also preparing my first handmade BJD project.

No comments:

Post a Comment